Speaking of large-format printing, we most often, first of all, remember signboard banner printing, although it would seem that this concept is quite broad and includes the printing of quite a few advertising products. The word banner means a flag.
You and I will talk about large format banner printing- advertising large-format canvas with an image and accompanying information designed to attract the attention of potential customers to a product or service.
Banners can be seen on the streets: on billboards, on the facades of buildings, and above the roadway, or they can be found indoors, for example, in the form of an exhibition stand, roll-up or other structure.
Today we will tell you everything you need to know about banners and their printing so that you can answer for yourself all the questions about large format printing and what to look for when ordering it.
- This type of advertising Such advertising reaches a very wide audience, regardless of age or social status;
- The variety of location options allows you to regulate the reach of advertising by the target audience;
- Good banners do not annoy passers-by, successfully merging with the surroundings of the city;
- certainly impresses with its size and incredible brightness;
- Banners are visible from afar and attract customers in a very short time;
- Banners can be of different sizes and types, so the choice is wide;
- Relatively low cost for the number of contacts received;
- Banners can attract solvent and interested customers since they need to take action on their own (call, go to the site, come to the store);
- An advertisement on a banner does not need to be constantly updated since the longer it catches the eye of a potential client, the more likely it is that he will take action;
- Street advertising is constant, not subject to shutdown or avoidance;
- Banners are strong and durable, striking in their resistance to weather changes and other influences;
- Outdoor advertising is available for almost any type of business and, moreover, is effective for a wide range of areas;
- The banner allows you to show potential customers high-quality images and a minimum of information that an observer can download;
- Large-format advertising is easy to produce and place;
- Banner material undergoes cleaning and antiseptic procedures without compromising the image and strength of the canvas.
Do I Need To Install My Widescreen Banner?
If you have your own store, then you can place a banner at the entrance to the store or above it. In it, you can tell a potential buyer about today’s offers, discounts, new arrivals and other interesting things that can attract visitors to your store.
You can place the banner on the house, but here it is important not to miscalculate the size and height so that the banner can be seen by all passers-by from a sufficient distance. Most often, this advertisement belongs to developers and realtors since it is in this house that they rent or sell their premises.
Navigator banners will help passers-by navigate the space and find their way to shops, shopping centers, exhibitions or other places of interest for potential visitors. You can place them on any walls, pillars and even trees. It is also useful to place them inside large rooms or at public events where it is difficult to understand the location of various places.
A special type of banner is a firewall – a huge poster that almost completely covers the building. This type of advertising is also socially useful, covering facades that are taking a long time to rebuild.
It also happens that the firewall does not show us an advertisement, but the façade of the building itself, thereby creating the feeling that the construction site, in general, is not going on, and the building is functioning as before.
Imagine the reach of such an impressive advertisement, if it is placed in the city center on one of the old houses! It is best to use mesh material to print such a banner: after all, the image quality will not suffer from this, and installation of such a banner is much easier.
The event banner will be placed specifically at the place of the event to which it is timed—for example, an anniversary or a wedding. You will not see a lot of information there – and it is not necessary because its task is to become the background of this event and not the center of attention.
Banner stretching is mainly addressed to motorists; therefore, it most often talks about events in the world of auto – discounts on service, new car models, exhibitions and other interesting news for motorists.
Large-Format Banner Printing Technologies
Banner printing technologies are largely determined by the requirements for their quality, in particular, the need for the resistance of the print and the banner material to external influences: rain, sun rays, heat, snow, temperature extremes and other possible influences.
Banner printing is called wide format because this type of printing means the application of images on especially wide materials (from 0.6 m in width). Resistance of the print to climatic changes is achieved through the use of waterproof solvent inks.
To select material for a large format printing banner, you can decide on the location of your ad, the estimated lifespan, as well as the available budget for this campaign. Most often, it is the banner fabric that becomes the basis for large-format banner printing, which in turn is subdivided into laminated and cast.
Lamination has long been known among advertisers because the main advantage of this technology is its relatively low cost. How does it work?
- A special mesh is laid between two layers of PVC film;
- The whole structure is soldered between the layers.
Unfortunately, the strength of such material is low, and their stability under the influence of external factors leaves much to be desired. As an outdoor advertisement, such a banner will not last long – no more than three months.
But for rooms and interiors, a laminated banner is quite suitable, so you can save a little and choose this type of banner.
Cast banner fabric – relatively recently entered the world of advertising and immediately loudly declared itself. How does it work?
- Liquid PVC is applied to the mesh;
- The resulting material is passed through specialized equipment.
Just two simple steps and the quality is excellent! Bright and varied colors, high strength and elasticity of the material ensures the durability and resistance of the material to man-made influences.
The service life of such a street banner can reach three years without the slightest loss in image quality. However, the price is somewhat higher.
We have already mentioned one more material for large-format printing above. The mesh is used to make firewalls for high-rise buildings. It should be noted that the cost of this material is less than that of a cast banner fabric.
However, there is one more material that is by far the most popular banner base. The main features of vinyl were and remain a matte surface and extremely high resistance to external influences, deformation and color loss.
The popularity of this material is due, among other things, to the wide variety of available types of surfaces, described in the following table:
|Front lite||Laminated fabric||Matt, white||Front lite posters||Average|
|Backlit||Cast fabric||Transmits light well||Advertising structures with interior lighting (suitable for any time of day and lighting)||High|
|Blackout||Thick canvas||The inner layer of material is black||Durable material with duplex printing capability. Streamers, banners for exhibitions||Most expensive option|
|Blueback||Opaque canvas||Blue base||It can be used with any base without losing color quality||Low|
Speaking about the materials used in the production of banners, we cannot fail to mention banner paper, otherwise called polypropylene. This is one of the most sun-protected options.
The image stays bright for a long time, but the material itself is highly durable due to the high content of latex and nylon in its composition.
This type of material has only one drawback: low resistance to tissue damage, but this can be more than compensated with a particular fastening type.
Stages Of Production And Printing Of Large-Format Banners
When creating any type of outdoor advertising, it is imperative to follow a clear sequence of actions that will help provide the client with an effective advertising product without defects and exceptionally good quality without errors.
So, what sequence of actions should be followed when creating a large-format advertising banner:
- We create a design layout. At this stage, it is necessary to develop a project and coordinate it with the customer. In many ways, this stage determines the success of each subsequent stage, so it must be treated with special trepidation, paying maximum attention to every little detail: from the font to the color palette.
- We determine the material and technology for creating a banner. Having clarified with the client the goals and informational nature of this advertising structure, we can decide on the material and method of printing.
- We print the layout, having previously adjusted the print resolution and choosing the paint.
- We combine the elements of the canvas and process the edges of the resulting banner.
As you can see, the sequence of actions is quite simple and short, which can only mean one thing – it is not so difficult to create your own unique banner. There would be a desire – and everything will turn out very quickly, and most importantly, also with high quality!
Which Widescreen Banner Will Actually Sell?
Great question, isn’t it? And the following points will help you answer it!
- Pay attention to the content of your banner. The picture and the text should be as simple as possible because it takes a passer-by almost two seconds to decipher them!
- Highlight one idea. Don’t overload one banner with too many calls. One is enough, and it will be the most effective strategy. Otherwise, you risk losing the potential client’s attention.
- Do not overload the banner with many contacts – it is enough to leave only one communication method (phone or website).
- Check your banner before final printing. To do this, print it in A5 format and try to read the information at arm’s length. If everything suits you, then the potential client will be comfortable.
- Pay attention to the surrounding surroundings of the future banner. Rich spring trees around? Or a snowy street? You can take this into account in the colors and your banner.
These simple rules will help you keep your banner simple and understandable for potential customers. And it is better to entrust the design to professionals.
Where To Look For Experts?
To order ad banner design, you can safely order right here and now at Sign Freaks, where a team of professionals is ready to guide you through all stages of creating your individual banner.
Sign Freaks – signage company in Chicago offers a wide range of services for its clients, including all types of large format printing.
With us, you can develop your own advertising campaign and even develop your own style from scratch.
Are you ready to order your banner? Contact us right now!